Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chorizo-Tortilla Tortillas

Chorizo-Tortilla Tortillas

Chorizo-Tortilla Tortillas (Spanish tortillas are known as frittatas here)

I am a big fan of egg dishes and I love chorizo, so this was something I had been meaning to try. It is a Rachel Ray recipe and both Erik and I loved it. I actually think it would be awesome for a brunch because you can serve up pretty slices like a quiche.

2 T EVOO
1/3 lb ground chorizo
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 med onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red chili pepper (I used 1 jalapeƱo because that is all I had and it was great)
salt and pepper
I handful of cilantro
4 handfuls of unsalted or lightly salted tortilla chips, lightly crushed
12 large eggs, beaten (I used 8 because that is all I had and that worked well too)
1 1/2 c shredded mexican or chedder cheese
Hot sauce (Franks is great)

Preheat oven to 425
Heat EVOO in skillet over med-high heat
Add chorizo and brown (3 min)
Add tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, and s&p; cook for five min
Scatter in cilantro and chips
Add eggs and stir to combine: let the eggs settle, and then cook until set at edges
Transfer to oven and bake for 15-18 min. Top with cheese and melt under broiler.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment