Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jolene's Coleslaw


Jolene is one of our closest family friends (I've literally known her ALL my life!). She's also the best dentist in NW Iowa (and I miss having a good dentist...:/). But she's also an awesome cook--and is always good for some new recipes. She brought this coleslaw to one of our last holiday get togethers, and it was a hit. She (like me) really isn't all that into measurements--so this recipe is in it's original Jolene form. No worries, you really can't mess it up. Just make sure you don't go too healthy/skimpy on the dressing. No one likes a dry coleslaw...If you add the chicken breast, it's a great meal in itself, but I paired it the other night with steak and homemade sweet potatoe chips.

1 bag chopped coleslaw
red grapes, halved
chopped onion (I used about 1/2 an onion)
chopped walnuts
Marzetti's Poppy seed dressing (about 1/2 to full bottle)
chicken breast (optional)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm. Looks good Rach. We are having a church potluck next weekend and I signed up to make a salad... I might have to make this!

    ReplyDelete