Monday, November 15, 2010

Grandma's Sloppy Joes

Ok, so I finally made it on here! I've never written on a blog before so I hope this is working. I am sorry for my absence on here. I actually tried to post a couple weeks ago and couldn't get it to work. Well, tonight I cooked using a recipe for the first time in I don't know how long. Usually it's pasta or something else that requires little work and ingredients. It was a long day at work, but for some reason I was in the mood to make my grandma's sloppy joe recipe when I got home. I'm sure you all have your own variation, but this one is my favorite.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 cup catsup or chili sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoons vinegar
2 heaping tablespoons sugar
2 tablesppons mustard
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
garlic added to taste
salt and peper, dash of A1 steak sauce

Brown meat, add seasoning, then rest of ingredients.
Serves 6.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you finally made it on. These sound so good right now. Have any leftovers you can send my way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!! I'm starving and these sound SO good - thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do sari. it made for a good lunch today with more leftovers! come on over!

    ReplyDelete