Friday, October 15, 2010

Spinach and Ricotta Shells

For those who love pictures of what the recipe is going to produce..I am sorry that I will dissatisfy you. Our camera broke and we had to return the one we were borrowing. However, I assure you that this would look as good as it tastes:) So I was motivated the other day to make a recipe list for the whole month of October. And on the menu last night was Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells. This is simple and made a nice amount for four adults last night with leftovers (I even had enough during prep to freeze a small batch for later use). I prepped it all in the morning and then just had to bake it before dinner while I made a salad.

Ingredients:
I box of Jumbo pasta shells
1 24 oz of your favorite marinara sauce
2 15 oz containers of Ricotta
2 C baby spinach, chopped
1/2 C Parmesan
1 C mozzarella

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400
Cook Pasta
Spread sauce on bottom of baking dish (yes all of it..though one time I only had 12 oz and that worked fine too)
In bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, parmesean, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Spoon mixture into shells and place on sauce.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake 10-12 min.
Broil to brown cheese.

Now wasn't that easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment