Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love a hot breakfast! It is probably my favorite meal to go out for. One of the classics is of course the pancake. There is the faithful standby, buttermilk, delicious blueberry, dessert-like chocolate chip, banana, ricotta, sweet potato, etc. You can even do savory ones for a side dish with zucchini, scallions, or even bacon. You can do thin or thick one...oh the variety:) A while back my son discovered the love of pancakes. So, in honor of his birthday this weekend, as well as the start of fall, we are having pumpkin pancakes. There is nothing fancy about this little recipe. Though you can jazz it up with toppings such as sugared pecans or a delicious syrup.

Hope you enjoy! Kendal

Pumpkin Pancakes

ingredients:
2 C bisquick (we like the heart smart version)
2 eggs
1 1/4 c milk
1/2 c pumpkin
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Mix altogether and cook ladle-fulls in your pan or griddle.












1 comment:

  1. Did Graham like them? Now that it's getting colder I've been itching to break out all my pumpkin recipes. I don't make breakfast too often, but we'll have to do breakfast for dinner soon so I can try these:)

    ReplyDelete