Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Monster Cookies

(I ran out of wax paper, so I had to use foil instead!)
Fall means BAKING in our home!  These are one of my very favorite cookies.   I made them last night and had about five for breakfast this morning.  So much for losing that baby weight! 

Ingredients:
½ cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
8 oz M&M’s
6 oz chocolate chips
4 ½ cups oatmeal, uncooked

Preheat oven to 350o F.  In a large (monster-sized) bowl, mix all ingredients in given order except M&M’s, chocolate chips, and oatmeal. 

 Add remaining ingredients and drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350o for about 10 minutes.  

I usually follow recipes to a T, but I always add extra M&M’s and chocolate chips to these.  I usually take them out before they look all the way done and let them cool on the cookie sheet so that they don’t fall apart when I take them off.  They are perfect the morning after you make them! 

And a picture of my little man for good measure:


Enjoy!

2 comments: