Monday, January 24, 2011

Jalapeño Popper Dip

Caution: This is NOT a healthy recipe. 

I made this yesterday for a little football get-together at my parents house.  I found this recipe online a few months ago and have been wanting to try it, but I haven't had anything to make it for yet.  It tastes just like a jalepeno popper and was really easy to whip together.  It was really good, perfect for a football party!  I served it with tortilla chips, Wheat Thins, and carrot sticks. 

Ingredients:
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeño peppers, drained
½ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375˚ F.  In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, jalapeños, and shredded cheeses.  Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined.  Spread the mixture into a baking dish (approximately 9 x 9-inches).  

In a second bowl, combine the Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until combined.   Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish.  Spray lightly with cooking spray.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden.  Serve warm with baguette slices, vegetables, crackers, or tortilla chips. 

(This is actually very mild despite the jalepenos.  If you wanted to make it spicier you could use jarred or fresh jalepenos instead of canned.  I usually like spicy food, but I liked this mild version since jalepeno poppers are usually very mild.) 

*Sorry I don't have a pic.  My hands were pretty full!

No comments:

Post a Comment