Thursday, December 23, 2010

Caramel Corn



Here's a little holiday treat! I love homemade caramel corn, so decided to make some for the neighbors this year...

2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cupe white syrup
1/2 tsp salt

Cook above ingredients 5 minutes on stove top (until melted and well combined).

Add:
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp burnt sugar flavoring (you may not be able to find this--I have to have my mom buy it for me. You can make it without or try and burn a little sugar...which we definitely have done when in a bind:)).
1/2 tsp butter flavoring (optional)

Put 8-9 quarts popped popcorn in 9x13 pan. Pour above mixture over. Put in oven at 250* for one hour--stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wax paper.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. yay! i love this recipe!! i was wondering the other week if i still had it someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted this! I was going to email you and ask you to put it on here!

    ReplyDelete